Director of Special Education
The Director of Special Education is responsible for the supervision and direction of all Special Education programs.
Educational Service Unit 16, a regional education agency, serving a nine county area in West Central Nebraska, is accepting applications for a Director of Special Education for the 2018-19 school year.
• MA in Administration.
• BA/MA in Special Education
• Valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in at least one area of Special Education.
• Supervisory/administrative experience preferred.
• Ability to interact effectively with ESU 16 staff and member school district employees and administrators.
• Strong verbal, written, presentation, supervisory and organizational skills.
• Valid Nebraska driver's license with the ability to drive to meet the requirements of the job.
• Plan and organize special services programs necessary for the operation and enhancement of services to children (ages birth to 21) who have a verified disability.
• Consult with special services staff, school personnel, parents and other agencies in regard to programs, placement and instruction of children with disabilities.
• Assist member school district administration with submission of Special Education paperwork (ie. Final Financial, District Determination, MOE, Sped Consolidated Grant etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
The application form is available at http://www.blogesu16.org/
Application open until filled.
ESU 16 offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
Any questions regarding the application process can be directed to:
Deb Paulman, Administrator
Educational Service Unit 16
PO Box 915 Ogallala, NE 69153
Nebraska ESU Sixteen