Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College
The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College is the chief academic officer of the university, and assumes responsibility for all educational activities in the undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
The vice president directs faculty in planning, evaluating, and revising the curriculum and establishing the academic standards of the university.
- Initiates, plans, and implements strategic planning and assessment for all academic areas.
- Researches, proposes, develops, and implements new or modified academic programs.
- Communicates regularly with the Provost on all academic issues; meets regularly with the Senior Leadership Team, and Student Learning and Success Team; is staff to the Student Learning Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Oversees the accreditation relationships for the University. Hires all regular faculty members and oversees promotion and extended contract processes making recommendations to the President and the Board of Directors.
- Oversees faculty and professional development programming in the academic area.
- Ensures compliance with academic policies of the University on matters related to faculty, curriculum, and quality standards.
- Ensures oversight of all academic area budgets. Provides leadership and collaboration supporting shared governance.
For additional information and to apply for this position, please go to our employment website, www.csm.edu/employment/ EOE
Location/Region: Omaha, NE