Director of Graduate ProgramsBuena Vista University
Buena Vista University
Director of Graduate Programs
Buena Vista University has an opening for the Director of Graduate Programs located in Storm Lake, Iowa. The Director leads the administration of graduate studies at Buena Vista University, promoting all graduate programs while striving for the highest degree of graduate student service and success from lead generation through graduation. Responsibilities include leading strategic planning and implementing initiatives, oversight of policies, procedures, and operations while working collaboratively with program directors, school deans, university administrators, and staff. In addition, this position directs enrollment strategies and evaluates outcomes through data analysis and researches current best practices. The individual will develop and execute an annual recruiting plan that includes lead generation activities, developing enrollment and revenue goals, and working collaboratively with University Marketing and Communication on marketing initiatives.
A successful candidate will be:
- highly self-motivated with strong attention to detail and passion for excellence;
- service minded and interpersonally competent in effective verbal, nonverbal, and written communication;
- able to prioritize, problem-solve, learn new things and stay abreast of changing technology;
- effective in team development and managing meetings whether one-on-one or with groups such as the Graduate Council;
- comfortable in facilitating social and professional gatherings of graduate students for events such as orientation, residency, and commencement with inclusivity, warmth and grace;
- able to maintain a positive, professional image always, especially maintaining composure under pressure and while handling difficult situations tactfully;
- able to represent Buena Vista University ethically adhering to University policies and procedures; and
- willing to recognize and perform tasks not directly assigned.
A master's degree is required with a minimum of 3-5 years of higher-education experience. Minimal travel will be required. Experience with enrollment strategies and marketing is desired. A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.