CRM Marketing Manager
CRM Marketing Manager
The Buffett Early Childhood Institute at the University of Nebraska is seeking applicants from qualified individuals for the position of CRM Marketing Manager. This position reports to the Associate Director of Communications and is responsible for the management of the Institute's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and the execution of email marketing communications and automations. This position is also responsible for tracking analytics across marketing channels, identifying strategic opportunities for further engagement, and building the network of contacts. This person builds resources and communications intelligence in support of communications and marketing strategies that will be used by all units within the Institute. This person will also serve as an additional writer and editor for Institute materials, articles, and publications.
The Buffett Institute serves as a bridge to resources and information for parents, providers, and the public. One of the four areas of focus at the Buffett Institute is outreach in order to communicate what we know to improve the lives of vulnerable young children and their families. The communications unit plays a critical role in this function, and this position will help the Buffett Institute to realize its vision of making Nebraska the best place in the nation to be a baby.
Buffett Early Childhood Institute Profile
Envisioned as a new model for how public higher education is engaged in the first years of life, the Buffett Early Childhood Institute (https://buffettinstitute.nebraska.edu/) is a four-campus, university-wide, multidisciplinary research, education, outreach, and policy institute of the University of Nebraska committed to helping transform early childhood development and education in Nebraska and across the nation. The long-term goal of the Institute is to be a leading center where scholars, practitioners, community members, and policymakers collaborate to advance a unified approach that can improve the lives of young children and families and the systems that support them.
Applicants should note that the goals of the Institute are university-, state-, and nation-wide, but the location of the Institute administration office is in Omaha. The position will work primarily out of the Omaha office. Regular hours at the Institute and for this position are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with some evening and weekend assistance when events occur outside of normal work hours. This position will also require some travel.
This job description is not to be considered an exhaustive or exclusive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. This list describes major responsibilities to support the Buffett Institute by aligning marketing and communication strategies to the Institute goals.
Manage Institute CRM Strategy (55%)
• Plan and deliver CRM strategies across the Institute, including for the Institute's statewide public outreach campaign.
• Act as an Institute liaison with IT and/or consultants to ensure Institute needs are met.
• Oversee data maintenance and upkeep efforts to ensure clean contact records and use of data best practices.
• Manage data governance.
• Ensure the database is segmented effectively for unit needs.
• Create and send email communications for internal and external stakeholders to inform them of relevant events, news, and resources in alignment with the Institute's communications strategy.
• Develop, evaluate, and optimize marketing and communications strategies to grow the network of contacts.
• Develop and share with leadership plans to grow network.
• Train and manage other users in the CRM.
Track Analytics (25%)
• Compile analytics across Buffett Institute communications channels including social media, websites, earned media, emails, and others.
• Develop reports to communicate campaign, event, and project results to Institute stakeholders.
• Work with other members of the communications unit to use data and analytics to recommend and inform communications strategy.
Communication Unit Support (20%)
• Contribute writing and editing to Institute publications, press materials, and websites in alignment with editorial plan.
• Serve as a backup for updating web pages and social media channels.
• Assist with day-of Institute event logistics.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director.
• Bachelor's degree
• Five years of experience
• Experience with and/or knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) and email marketing systems and tools
• Experience with building and executing email communications and marketing automations
• Experience with data management and audience segmentation
• Experience with copywriting (may be asked to submit writing samples)
• Demonstrated success in managing and executing communications strategies
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Seven years of progressive professional experience
• Experience with Salesforce CRM and Pardot email marketing
• Basic HTML knowledge
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Fluent in oral and written Spanish
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities is acquired may be considered.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership, independent judgment and decision-making skills; an aptitude for data, analytics, and content marketing; intellectual achievement; the ability to facilitate collaboration and teamwork both across the communications unit and across the organization; creative and analytical problem-solving, understanding and experience in CRM and database management, email marketing strategy, and writing and editing; the ability to work independently as well as part of a team; a track record of timely completion of projects with strict deadlines; the ability to responsibly manage competing priorities; and a commitment to the ideals of an early childhood education and programs.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. The University of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.