Cashier / Customer Service (Sports Book Ticket Writer)
**We are currently hiring for Full and Part-time positions in the Council Bluffs Area. $13/hour plus tips to start – $2,000 bonus - Conditions Apply!**
Caesars Sportsbook, America's leading sports book provider, has an immediate openings at Horseshoe Council Bluffs Casino in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Do you love interacting with the public? Thrive in a fast-paced work environment? If you answered yes, keep on reading.
Reporting to the District Manager, you will be face of our retail operation. By providing a high level of customer service to both regulars and “novice bettors”, you will ensure everyone is made to feel welcome at our sports book(s). As an expert in our menu of sports betting options, you will help advise and answer customer questions to help them make an informed, responsible decision with their sports wagering.
What's In it For You:
- Full-time employees eligible for benefits after waiting period (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Flexible scheduling (nights, weekends, mornings, holidays, etc.)
- Advancement opportunities - come grow a career with us!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide a top tier level of customer service that encourages customers to come back repeatedly
- Don't get a penalty - ensure you adhere to all the rules and regulations set forth by the company and gaming control board
- Become familiar with our betting options and be able to strike up conversations with customers regarding those options
- Work to resolve customer disputes/complaints and escalate to direct supervisor when needed
- Be a positive team member and work collaboratively with other team members and your leadership team
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork/documentation is filled out accordingly to company policy and gaming control board standards
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Must have basic computer knowledge (Email, MS Excel, internet, etc.)
- Show me the money! Must have a minimum of 1 years of cash handling experience in a work setting
- H.S. Diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- 21+ years of age or older
- Successfully pass a drug screen, background check, and COVID screening
- Able to obtain a gaming license from the Nevada Gaming Control Board and other jurisdictions where deemed necessary
- High level of customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: nights, weekends, and some holidays is preferred
- Present yourself in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to do simple math
- Understanding and a responsibility to adhere to all compliance requirements set for by the company and Gaming Control Board
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, pull or push 25 lbs.
- Must be able write for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to twist, bend or reach with no significant boundaries.
- This position may be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.