Foster Care Specialist (Child & Family Advocate) - Omaha
Foster Care Specialist – Omaha
- Is being part of a flexible, family-oriented environment important to you?
- Do you have a heart for children and families in crisis?
- Are you someone who is a self-starter?
- Do you enjoy coaching and encouraging others?
Then we want you to join us!
Who We Are: Christian Heritage is a faith-based organization that works to fulfill its purpose of offering hope to children and families, and is known for exceptional child-focused family services offered in Central, Northern, Eastern, and the Southeast Service areas in Nebraska. We have been in business for 40+ years, and we are hiring to meet the dynamic needs of the community around us.
- We offer employees flexible scheduling in a family-oriented environment where we work hard but have fun too. You will work with authentic people who believe in what they do. You will have an opportunity to make an impact in the children and families we serve.
- We offer a full range of benefits, with healthcare plan options, and perks such as paid time off, recognition incentives and continuing professional development in your area of expertise.
As a Foster Care Specialist, you will be directly responsible for supporting, equipping, and educating new and current foster parents on how to effectively care for at-risk children and their families. They help ensure a safe, caring and nurturing environment within each foster home and maintain regular contact with the youth and foster families. This is a full-time position that requires flexible hours that may include evenings and weekends, in order to be available at times that are convenient to families. The individual will be responsible for providing consultation support to foster parents. In addition, this position will be responsible for transporting certain youth to/from school regularly. This individual must have a heart for serving the Lord and compassion for the youth in our care. Typical responsibilities include:
- Facilitate placement of youth
- Prepare youth and family for permanency utilizing TBRI strategies
- Complete service planning and reporting
- Provide support for children and families
- Assess/monitor safety and ensure well-being
- Maintain confidentiality and comprehensive client files
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services-related, psychology, or other related field; or
- Five years of experience in foster care; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience provided the job holder is able to demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
You must have a valid driver’s license, own auto liability insurance and a good driving record. Background checks, reference checks and drug screen will be conducted. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of basic principles of the Christian faith. We're looking for candidates that are excellent with phone contact, tenacious, computer-savvy, and organized and will fulfill the above responsibilities with patience, kindness, determination, and responsiveness.
Apply for Position
Please click on the button below to apply. Only completed applications will be considered. For questions or problems with the application process, please call 1-866-381-5437. Thanks for your interest!