College of Saint Mary strives to create a safe, inclusive educational environment where every person’s worth and dignity is valued and nurtured. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
Are you looking for a leadership role within an amazing financial services team? If so, our Associate Controller position might be the right fit for you. The Associate Controller, who is an integral member of Financial Services, leads the accounting staff and works directly with the Vice President of Finance and Administration to ensure the accuracy of the University’s financial records.
Our Idea of a Perfect Candidate Is Someone Who:
- Desires to manage projects, and day-to-day activity, for an innovative institution
- Has the ability to analyze complex data and bring forward recommendations
- Is proficient in Excel, and has strong verbal and written communication skills
Our Ideal Candidate’s Preferred Education and Experience Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least three to five years’ accounting experience or audit experience with a public accounting firm
- Experience in higher education or not-for-profit organizations preferred
This Position Is Responsible For:
- Supervising the accounting department staff and work-study students
- Reconciling general ledger accounts, and overseeing monthly general ledger closing
- Managing cash balances and the endowment to maximize return in accordance with board policy
- Acting as the liaison for the external audit firm; preparing audit workpapers and year-end financial statements for the audit
- Preparing annual Form 990 tax returns for the University and its child development center
- Overseeing the University’s corporate purchasing card program
- Preparing 1099-NEC and 1098-T tax forms annually
Why You Want to Be on This Team:
- You would be a part of a Mission-centered team, who work together to serve our community.
- You would enjoy full-time benefits including health insurance, paid time off, tuition remission programs, 403(b) with employer match, employee wellness time, and more!
- CSM is committed to supporting the work-life balance of its faculty and staff.