CustodianCOLLEGE OF SAINT MARY
College of Saint Mary is seeking a custodian to perform a wide variety of custodial duties in order to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment; and perform related work as required. Hours are from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Clean and dust areas such as suites, offices, classrooms, kitchens, living spaces, restrooms, dormitory rooms, laboratories, lobbies, locker rooms, exercise rooms, pool areas, stairways, corridors and elevators.
• Clean, sanitize, and maintain restrooms.
• Sweep, vacuum, mop, scrub, wax, shampoo, strip, refinish and spot clean carpeting and floors as required.
• Clean glass, chalkboards, display cases, interior partitions and light fixtures which are reachable from the floor.
• Washes walls, doors and woodwork.
• Empty trash from receptacles and remove to dumpsters.
• Cleans and polishes hardware such as door handles, push plates, kick plates, metal handrails, drinking fountains, and restroom trim (external piping, faucets, traps and valves).
• Operate all equipment and cleaning tools related to assigned tasks.
• High school diploma or equivalent and at least two year of experience are required.
• Experience with floor care equipment preferred.
• Must have general overall good health; full use of arms, hands, feet, and legs.
• Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Primary duties require working indoors with cleaning chemicals.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work without more than normal supervision.
• Knowledge and observance of safety precautions.
• Ability to follow directions and instructions.
• Attention to detail.
Competitive Salary and Benefits!
Please click "APPLY" to learn more and submit your resume today!
College of Saint Mary is a Catholic university providing access to education for women in an environment that calls forth potential and fosters leadership. The University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other status or condition protected by applicable laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.