College of Saint Mary strives to create a safe, inclusive educational environment where every person's worth and dignity is valued and nurtured. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
Are you passionate about and take pride in keeping a clean, orderly, and safe environment in an educational setting? If so, you might be a perfect fit for our Custodian Supervisor position. This position oversees and guides custodial services at CSM for the purpose of maintaining a clean, safe, and appealing environment. This position is also assigned a specific area/building to clean in addition to supervisory responsibilities
Our Idea of a Perfect Candidate Is Someone Who:
• Experience leading a team of dedicated custodian staff
• Knowledge and observance of safety precautions, of proper floor care procedures, and of equipment and tools necessary to handle job.
• Excellent communication, supervisory, and planning skills
Our Ideal Candidate's Education and Experience Include:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Five years custodial service; some personnel management in background.
• At least one year of cleaning experience in a school or university setting is preferred.
This Position Is Responsible For:
• Ensuring all areas of campus are clean, sanitized, waxed, and buffed as necessary to maintain an appealing and clean environment.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of assigned area daily.
• Assigning all areas to be cleaned and initiating quality checks of custodial work.
• Operating and teaching the proper use of all cleaning equipment and tools.
• Ensuring all safety precautions are followed in relation to equipment and chemical use.
• Scheduling and completing rotation for deep cleaning during breaks in heavily used areas.
• Ensuring proper levels of inventory while maintaining budget.
Why You Want to Be on This Team:
• You would be a part of a Mission-centered team, who work together to serve our community.
• You would enjoy full-time benefits including health insurance, paid time off, tuition remission programs, 403(b) with employer match, employee wellness time, and more!
• CSM is committed to supporting the work-life balance of its faculty and staff.