Science Lab Manager
Science Lab Manager
College of Saint Mary strives to create a safe, inclusive educational environment where every person’s worth and dignity is valued and nurtured. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
Are you enthusiastic, enjoy science, looking for a position to support excellent faculty dedicated to teaching? This 30-hour per week position provides laboratory support for science programs. Depending on division and program needs, responsibilities include ordering chemicals and laboratory materials, maintaining inventory, setting up lab material for courses, training and supervising work-study students, monitoring chemical waste disposal, biohazard waste disposal, and adherence to OSHA and EPA requirements.
Our Idea of a Perfect Candidate Is Someone Who:
- Has a working knowledge of the physical sciences, including basic chemistry and basic biology.
- Understands of the potential dangers associated with handling chemicals.
Our Ideal Candidate’s Education and Experience Include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience providing laboratory support for science programs.
This Position Is Responsible For:
- Ordering Chemicals and lab materials – this involves a P-card with expense reporting monthly, tracking spending in various accounts including grants.
- Maintaining chemical inventory using a computer database.
- Setting up lab material for courses, standardizing certain reagents, and making media for microbiology.
- Breaking down and cleaning labs after class meetings.
- Monitoring disposal of waste materials.
- Monitoring all labeling according to safety regulations, OSHA, and EPA.
- Maintaining OSHA and EPA records (including MSDSs)
- Arranging for maintenance of smaller equipment such as balances, autopipetors, and microscopes.
- Performs duties of the Chemical Hygiene Officer
Why You Want to Be on This Team:
- You would be a part of a Mission-centered team, who work together to serve our community.
- You would enjoy full-time benefits including health insurance, paid time off, tuition remission programs, 403(b) with employer match, employee wellness time, and more!
- CSM is committed to supporting the work-life balance of its faculty and staff.