College of Saint Mary strives to create a safe, inclusive educational environment where every person’s worth and dignity is valued and nurtured. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
Are you a detail-oriented accountant looking for a vital role with an institution that positively impacts our community? If so, our Staff Accountant position might be right for you. This position is an integral member of the Financial Services team who works directly with the Associate Controller to ensure the accuracy of the University’s financial records.
Our Idea of a Perfect Candidate is Someone Who:
- Is internally motivated to maintain accurate records while meeting deadlines
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can think critically and has a willingness to learn
Our Ideal Candidate’s Education and Experience Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field
- Three to five years’ accounting or bookkeeping experience
This Position Is Responsible For:
- Maintaining daily operating cash records
- Recording journal entries and assisting with monthly closing activities
- Reconciling general ledger accounts including cash and credit card receivables
- Managing the Nursing and Perkins campus-based loan funds
- Preparation of the monthly sales tax return
- Working with third party collection agencies on the placement of past due student loans (nursing or perkins) and tuition account balances
Why You Want to Be on This Team:
- You would be a part of a Mission-centered team, who work together to serve our community.
- You would enjoy full-time benefits including health insurance, paid time off, tuition remission programs, 403(b) with employer match, employee wellness time, and more!
- CSM is committed to supporting the work-life balance of its faculty and staff.