Organized. People Oriented. Consistent.
Are you looking for a fast pace role in a dynamic, highly skilled, and collaborative team all while maintaining independence in your role? Our Claim Consultants are critical to the success of our organization. You will manage all aspects of claims including litigated, non-litigated and the early resolution program while providing first-class customer service to our clients.
As a Claim Consultant, you will work directly with clients and defense counsel. Success in this role will be evident through managing cases from beginning to end using only best practices. Our Claim Consultant will bring in expertise in claim investigation & evaluation, claim negotiation & resolution, and managing litigation including defense counsel.
To maintain our competitive advantage of a highly collaborative work environment, we do things differently. Our organization empowers you and believes that together, we can make a difference. We are looking for someone who enjoys collaboration and thrives in an innovative, fun, fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with plaintiff attorneys
- Evaluating claims including the coordination of expert reviews
- Completing time sensitive reserve reports using established reserving procedures
- Communicating investigation results and recommendations to insureds
- Documenting all casefile activity
- Routinely documenting a Plan of Action inclusive of all active casefile management
- Handling complete negotiation process from initiation to settlement
- Maximizing the successful outcome of cases in a cost-effective manner
- Actively managing defense counsel
- Overseeing and monitoring legal and general expenses
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree – minimum Legal degree preferred
- 5+ years professional/medical liability claims experience
- Thorough experience with medical terminology and medical records, legal documents and insurance coverage provisions
- Strong investigation, evaluation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to handle conflict
- A positive can-do attitude
- The ability to handle multiple claim files