Commercial Finish Carpenters
Contour Construction is a commercial carpentry construction business that offers expertise in the installation of commercial finish & trim carpentry, select rough carpentry, architectural casework, doors, frames, hardware, cabinetry, accessories and specialties. Contour performs work on tenant finish projects and remodel projects for customers in the areas of hospitality, restaurants, buildouts, hospitals, retirement facilities and more.
We are looking for experienced Commercial Finish Carpenters to join our team!
We offer full time employment year-round.
We also offer competitive wages, PTO, paid holidays and referral bonuses to our employees.
Benefits available to our employees:
- 401K - We match 100% up to 4% of your income that is deferred
- 50% employer paid Affordable Health Insurance - single coverage
- 100% employer paid Dental - single coverage
- 100% employer paid Vision - single coverage
- 100% employer paid Group Term Life
- Employer paid Short-Term Disability
- EAP Program - employer paid Wellness Program - counseling, training, wellness resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and interpret building plans, blueprints, or sketches to understand what types of material are required for the project.
- Mark, cut, and assemble materials to exact measurements.
- Verify accuracy of structures with tools such as a laser, framing squares, and carpenter levels.
- Fit and install prefabricated frames, trim, and hardware. Perform both rough and finish type of work.
- Utilize carpentry hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner, properly store and return tools to warehouse for repair, maintenance, and tracking.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Being punctual, prepared and responsible for the work assigned each day.
- Precise workmanship with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and follow written and oral instructions.
- Personal skills that exhibit positive proficient communication with co-workers, clients and vendors.
- Flexibility to adapt to work in a variety of work settings
- Willingness to keep informed of new advances and methods of the industry, including the use of technology for communication and planning
- Professionalism in working with fellow employee’s and customers
- GED or Equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Completion of a certified apprentice program or technical school program preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years interior commercial carpentry experience required
- Valid IA/NE Driver's license
- Safety certifications such as OSHA 10, First Aid/ CPR Training preferred.