Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of high school English teacher at Crete High School. If interested, apply immediately as interviews will be fast-tracked.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Nebraska Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement
• Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
• Master's Degree in English is preferred, not required
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
• Instruct through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and other appropriate methods for the subject area.
• Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
• Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
• Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic needs.
• Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
• Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
• Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Principal.
• Inside and Outside
• Mental Demands: Ability to work under pressure and to meet timelines
• Physical Demands:
o Continuously (67%+): Standing
o Frequently (33%-66%): Walking, Sitting
o Some (1%-32%): Bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, lifting 10-25 lbs.