• Education: Minimum, must have completed a Registered Nurse course of study at an accredited institution.
• An unrestricted Registered Nurse License valid in the state of Nebraska.
• Excellent attendance record.
• Excellent communication skills oral and written.
• Positive interpersonal skills.
• Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
• This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community.
• A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
Location: Crete Public Schools/Crete Elementary
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 190 Days-possible summer school hours in June
Salary: Wage to be discussed
• A school nurse's primary responsibilities include on-site health assessment.
• Administration of the state's immunization program.
• Continual maintenance of cumulative student health records according to statutory requirements.
• A school nurse will work with children of various ages with varied medical issues.
• Take appropriate measures in case of injury, communicable disease symptoms, signs of abuse, or other condition which affect the welfare of an individual or group of students.
• Provides meaningful communication and educates in areas pertaining to student health.
• This individual must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in a multicultural urban setting.
• Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and awareness of community services.