Accounting Analyst-General Ledger
This position offers an optional hybrid work schedule, with three days working in the office and two days working remotely.
Would you like to work in a dynamic corporate environment for a publicly-traded company? Are you a motivated, self-starter who aspires to advance your accounting career? If so, consider a career as an Accounting Analyst for Great West Casualty Company!
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Analyst will use modern technology and analytical skills to ensure the complete and accurate recording of the general ledger. You'll have the autonomy to work independently while also having the support of the accounting team. In this position, you will have frequent interaction with our publicly traded parent company, Old Republic Insurance Group, and be exposed to multi-tax jurisdictions.
- Calculate and record activity for the general ledger.
- Maintain relations and coordination of banking activities.
- Administer various systems.
- Manage project work and analyze company financials to help make business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Professional accounting work experience.
- Strong work ethic.
- Analytical prowess and penchant for problem solving.
- Good communication skills and an ability to influence.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Separate paid vacation and sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (e.g. Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Who we are:
For over 65 years, Great West Casualty Company has provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you. Apply today and join one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation's economy moving forward one mile at a time.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Great West Casualty Company is headquartered in a metro area that joins three states. Our corporate office is in South Sioux City, Nebraska, just across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, and North Sioux City, South Dakota, in a region nicknamed Siouxland. Recently selected as the 7th most livable small city in the U.S., Siouxland is home to more than 180,000 residents, offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and more.
Great West Casualty Company.