Bike Share Field Technician
Very Competitive Pay!
We operate the local bike share program, Heartland Bike Share, and are in need of a bike mechanic (will train the right candidate).
Under the guidance of the Operations Director, Heartland Bike Share is looking for a Field Technician to maintain all aspects of station maintenance, cleaning and repair throughout the city using bicycles and fleet vehicles. The Field Technician is expected to maintain bikes as a primary responsibility with additional responsibility for stations, docks, bikes, and batteries which are crucial to the system.
• Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Interpersonal skills - the individual will maintain confidentiality, remain open to others' ideas and exhibit willingness to try new things.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Strong customer focus. Sense of urgency and flexible to changing circumstances and customer needs.
• Valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
• Comfortable driving, stopping, and working in busy outdoor urban environments.
• Must be able to drive a truck with a trailer.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with software and hardware.
• Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in all work performed.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to lead projects and provide status updates as required.
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
• Ability to identify and communicate needed improvements.
• Previous bicycle mechanic experience.