KRT Construction has immediate openings for Carpenters!
Since it was founded in 1992, KRT Construction has maintained a simple philosophy: To build relationships as well as homes and businesses. And to provide the best in all we do.
With a staff of 15 full-time professionals, KRT is one of the most versatile custom contractors in the Omaha Metro area. As a true design/build company, KRT can design original blueprints or work from an existing home plan to build a new home, remodel an existing home or complete your commercial space. We build throughout the metro and surrounding areas, so our clients are not limited by location.
After 28 years and thousands of projects, we still approach each new venture with the same excitement and personal commitment to fulfilling our client’s dreams. Our customers’ ideas are the foundation on which we build every project at KRT. They are as essential to the construction process as concrete or drywall. We take the time to understand the unique needs, tastes and expectations of each client before the project begins.
What makes KRT different isn’t just the quality of our work; it’s the quality of our people. It’s our philosophy, our dedication, and our service. Most importantly, it’s in the details. The moment you sit down with us, you’ll realize there is a lot more that goes into building a custom home at KRT than construction materials.
This position is responsible for any and all portions of carpentry renovations or where required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plan to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Measures and marks cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Installs structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Applies decorative or textured finishes or coverings.
- Prepare hazardous waste for processing or disposal.
- Builds scaffolding, platforms, and railings, as well as temporary walls
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of construction/building design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Ability to perform basic plan reading and use of mathematics for basic layout and measuring
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and verbal instructions in English
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Skills in manual dexterity, including to quickly move hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Skills in inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
- Skills in developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
- Ability to lift 35-40 pounds consistently and 70 pounds occasionally with assistance; proper lifting techniques required..
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Approximately 95-100% of the time on the job is spent standing up.
- Ability to travel to the job site as required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of rough or finish carpenter experience required
Education & Training:*
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent required
- Equivalent education and experience will be considered