Assistant ManagerLittle Blue NRD
Assistant Manager, Little Blue NRD
Deadline to Apply: by 4:30 pm Friday August 30, 2019.
The Little Blue Natural NRD is a regional public local government created in 1972 by the Nebraska Legislature. The NRD manages resources that benefit both people and the environment, the NRD's mission is to conserve, develop, and manage the water and land resources of the NRD for the common good of all people.
The Little Blue Natural Resources District (NRD), an equal opportunity employer, has an immediate opening for an Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager is under the general supervision of the General Manager. The Assistant Manager will assist in the day to day operations, supervision of staff and coordination with the subcommittees and the Board of Directors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Relay information, make recommendations and schedule meetings with subcommittees and the Board on a regular basis.
- Work with the General Manager and the Administrative Secretary to develop the budget and be part of the financial administration for the District.
- Work with the General Manager and the rest of the staff to carry out the policies and programs that have been established by the board.
- Work with the public to implement water quality and quantity programs.
- Work with other agencies, and consultants to preform studies and establish plans to improve the water management of the district.
- A Bachelor's degree is required with an emphasis in natural resources, engineering, environmental, planning, or public administration from an accredited college.
- Experience with budgets and financial management is also preferred.
Salary & Benefits:
A Competitive compensation and an employee benefits package if offered position.
Please click "Apply" to submit your contact info and upload your cover letter & resume for consideration.