Division: Nucor Steel Nebraska
Location: Norfolk, NE,
Deadline to Apply: 03/31/2021
Basic Job Functions: Nucor Steel-Nebraska (NSNE) is seeking a leader for the position of Environmental Manager. This Department Manager level position reports directly to the General Manager. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leadership role in promoting Nucor's mission ensuring that Safety is instilled as a value with a strong focus on Quality and Environmental Stewardship.
• Member of the Nucor Steel leadership team responsible for successfully leading NSNE's long term profitable contributions to Nucor.
• Leadership role in managing the division's environmental activities including compliance, permitting and relationships with State and Federal environmental agencies.
• Leadership role in continual improvement of our plant environmental, safety and quality systems.
• Proven ability to develop team members through training, individual reviews, and coaching sessions.
• Political and Community Outreach.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
• 3 years of environmental leadership experience; or 3 years of Nucor supervisory experience
• Heavy industry environmental compliance experience including permitting.
• 4-year degree in Environmental Engineering or related field.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Veterans - and a drug - free workplace