Corporate Benefits ConsultantOmaha World Herald
Corporate Benefits Consultant
• Provide day to day oversight of health and retirement plans within the benefits strategy.
• Ensure changes to benefit programs incorporate the company's objectives and satisfy legal requirements.
• Assist employees with benefit inquiries and investigate and resolve benefits issues of employees.
• Process employee benefits enrollments and changes during the regular new hire, life event and open enrollment periods.
• Monitor information provided to insurance carriers on a regular periodic basis to ensure accurate information being communicated to carriers.
• Create and execute employee benefits communication and education strategy.
• Plan and lead the annual open enrollment process.
• Lead BH Media Group Wellness Program initiatives.
• Ensure statutory compliance with ACA, COBRA, ERISA, and HIPAA.
• Ensure medical and retirement plans are administered in accordance with plan, IRS, and ERISA rules.
• Ensure compliance including government filings and required participant disclosures.
• Create and maintain benefit files.
• Coordinate procedures to initiate life insurance claims.
• Surface potential benefits problems and escalates to the attention of the Corporate Director of HR and VP, Legal and HR as appropriate.
• Coordinate the COBRA process including notifications and Third Party Administrator reporting and requirements.
• Complete monthly reconciliation of benefits carrier billing.
• You are a team player
• You are self-directed and organized
• You are discrete and have the ability to maintain confidentiality
• You understand benefit analytics and the need to keep key stakeholders abreast of the current trends
• You have a thorough understanding and the experience to understand the intricacies of each benefit plan
• You have experience administering benefit plans compliantly
• You're familiar with and adept in producing 5500s
• You are detail-oriented
• You naturally operate with an extreme sense of urgency
• You are impeccably trustworthy and completely dependable
• You have the ability to work independently and with little guidance
• Your decision making and judgment is sound
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of progressive experience supporting benefit programs
• Broad knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations
• Experience with Ceridian and/or another payroll/benefits systems
• Extremely self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with people in all levels of the organization
• Highly analytical thinker and problem solver
• Strong project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
• Technologically agile
• Exceptionally skilled in MS Excel