Assistant Vice Chancellor for Human Resources in the Office of Business and Finance #F_210233
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) is seeking an experienced, strategic, and collaborative leader to serve as its next Assistant Vice Chancellor for Human Resources in the Office of Business and Finance. Reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance, the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Human Resources provides executive leadership over UNL Human Resource operations and organization, leading a department of 30 people in the delivery of HR services. Areas include insured benefits, risk management, payroll, workers' compensation, unemployment insurance, retirement, employee assistance programming, employee relations, organizational development, training, records retention, policy administration, compensation, and employment. The incumbent also ensures compliance with Human Resource laws and regulations as well as identifying and recommending remedies for HR risk mitigation. Further, this position works collectively with the University of Nebraska Office of the President and other NU campus HR leaders to maximize HR effectiveness through standardization of polices and the enhancement of practices and systems across the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
•Provide executive leadership for UNL HR operations, organization, and staff.
• Plan, organize, and direct the activities and operations of the UNL Human Resources Department with a focus on customer service in the areas of insured benefits, workers' compensation, unemployment insurance, retirement administration, employee assistance, employee relations, organizational development, training, records retention, HR policy administration, compensation, and employment.
• Serve as a consultant to UNL leaders and employees on matters involving employee selection and retention, advise senior administration on policy and compliance. Develop and present policy and guidance on matters impacting employees with a proactive approach. Mediate and counsel employees and/or supervisors on personnel issues.
• Plan, develop and implement campus-wide initiatives and strategies that support employee engagement, customer service excellence and UNL's aspiration of becoming an "employer of choice."
• Develop and maintain a culture of continuous process improvement and quality customer service. Review processes for efficiencies and ensure all processes are abiding by internal controls. Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the university's human resource information system, portal or talent management system.
• Monitor and ensure the organization's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance in a proactive manner.
• Serve as an active member of the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance Senior Leadership team and provide guidance and expertise to the VCBF as required.
• Other Duties as Assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration or related field, plus ten (10) years of senior level HR leadership experience.
• Human Resources experience in compensation, employment, benefits, employee relations and training.
• A demonstrated commitment to workforce inclusion and successful experience working with and supporting the needs of diverse people.
• Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and organizational skills as well as the ability to communicate and interact with a diverse constituency.
• Administrative skills, including but not limited to budget management and staff supervision.
• Experience in the implementation and enhancement of human resource related processes or functions across multiple departments or units.
• Master's degree in related field.
• SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) Certification.
• Experience in a higher-education setting.
Review of applications will begin February 16, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, go to https://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_210233. Complete the information form and attach the following documents:
" A letter of interest that describes your qualifications for the job, anticipated contributions, and the value you place on diversity and your anticipated contributions to creating inclusive environments in which every person and every interaction matters.
• A resume or CV.
• Names and contact information for three professional references.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.