Extension Educator - Early Childhood (Dawes County) #F_220124
Extension Educator - Early Childhood (Dawes County)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Do you have the drive to help us impact children and their families in positive ways? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused, comprehensive learning programs that help create environments and experiences for children that result in improved school readiness and enhanced social-emotional growth and development? Nebraska Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators.
As a member of the Nebraska Extension team, you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high performing teams to create and deliver world class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
Recognizing that diversity within a context of inclusivity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of human diversity. We actively encourage applications from and nominations of qualified individuals from underrepresented groups including racial and ethnic minorities, women, sexual minorities, persons living with disabilities, and veterans.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Chadron, Nebraska and serving Dawes, Sioux, Box Butte, Sheridan, Cherry, Grant, Hooker, Thomas and Blaine Counties. We want individuals who are self-directed and able to work in a flexible environment. The focus of this position will be Early Childhood, focusing on early childhood development for families with children aged 0-8 years.
• Master's degree in Child Development, Human Development, Early Childhood Education or closely related field.
• Successful experience teaching (formal or non-formal) early childhood professionals and/or caregivers of young children 0-8 years.
• Demonstrated use of innovative strategies and current technologies to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate programs focused on Early Childhood.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
• Experience in working with individuals, coworkers, and teams to accomplish individual and/or group goals, as evidenced by college, career, and/or community activities.
• Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
• Experience coaching early childhood educators.
Employment-based permanent residency sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
Review of applications will begin Sept 30, 2022 and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.