Open Rank Extension Educator - 4-H Youth Development (Colfax County) #F_220108
Open Rank Extension Educator - 4-H Youth Development
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Do you have the drive to help us make a positive difference in young people's lives? Do you have the drive to help us create engaging learning opportunities for youth and adult volunteers? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused learning experiences that inspire young people to be leaders while helping them achieve their potential? Nebraska Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators. As a member of the Nebraska Extension team, you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high performing teams to create and deliver world class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Schuyler, Nebraska and serving Colfax and Butler Counties in Nebraska. The focus of this position will be 4-H Youth Development. This extension educator will demonstrate expertise in Positive Youth Development through engagement with youth, training staff and volunteers, and partnerships with other organizations and departments. They will develop, coordinate and deliver a robust youth development program using a variety of methods including out-of-school programs, special interest groups, 4-H clubs, school enrichment and other creative strategies that engage youth. We want individuals who are self-directed and able to work in a flexible environment.
Recognizing that diversity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of diversity. Consistent with the University's N2025 Strategic Plan, we see every person and every interaction as important to our collective wellbeing and our ability to deliver on our mission.
• Master's degree required; one degree in youth development, education, or closely related field. Master's degree must be completed by start date.
• Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e., publications, presentations, web, and social media).
• Experience and demonstrated ability in working with youth and youth organizations including understanding of positive youth development and youth program management.
• Demonstrated experience in working as a team displaying strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated experience / training in the recruitment, training, mentoring and management of volunteers.
• Experience and ability to engage diverse and under-served audiences.
• Ability to speak language(s) other than English. Spanish preferred.
Employment-based permanent residency sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.