Open Rank Extension Educator - Water and Integrated Cropping Systems (Eastern, NE) #F_220053
Open Rank Extension Educator - Water and Integrated
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Nebraska Extension has two excellent opportunities for full-time faculty positions located in David City and Schuyler, NE. As active participants in the Nebraska Water and Integrated Cropping Systems (WICS) Team, the educators' primary responsibility is to develop and deliver educational programs and resources within a geographic area. The educator in Schuyler will serve Colfax, Cuming and Stanton Counties. The educator in David City will serve Butler and Polk Counties. WICS educators are expected to collaborate closely with colleagues, state and federal agencies, industry representatives, and crop producers to deliver precision agriculture strategies related to issues in diverse cropping systems. The focus of these positions will contribute to the goals and objectives of the WICS Team.
Recognizing that diversity within a context of inclusivity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of human diversity. We actively encourage applications from and nominations of individuals from underrepresented groups.
• Master's degree required (completed prior to the start date) in Agronomy, Crop Science, Agricultural Mechanization, Agricultural Engineering, or a closely related field.
• Field experience in production agriculture with emphasis in cropping systems.
• Experience in working with individuals, coworkers, and teams to accomplish individual and/or group goals, as evidenced by college, career, and/or community activities.
• Experience using precision agriculture strategies to address diverse cropping systems.
• Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs, including securing grants and contracts, as well as cost recovery efforts.
• Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
• Experience in the development and implementation of social media communication and education, including managing websites, blogs, Facebook pages, and Twitter accounts for a professional organization.
Employment-based permanent residency sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.