Open Rank Extension Educator - Food, Nutrition & Health-Nutrition Education Program/Evaluation #F_220107
Open Rank Extension Educator
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Nutrition Education Program
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Do you have the drive to help others create healthier lifestyles for a higher quality of life? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused, comprehensive learning programs in food, nutrition, and health? Nebraska Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators. As a member of the Nebraska Extension team, you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high performing teams to create and deliver world class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in the Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences and serving Nebraska statewide. We want individuals who are self-directed and able to work in a flexible environment. The focus of this position will be food, nutrition and health with the Nutrition Education Program. This person will teach and coordinate food, nutrition and health programs Statewide for 1) environments that reduce youth obesity and improve human well-being; 2) a safe and diverse food supply that provides choices for people focused on their health and well-being; and 3) access to affordable and healthy food.
Recognizing that diversity within a context of inclusivity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of human diversity. We actively encourage applications from and nominations of individuals from underrepresented groups.
• Master's degree required; one degree in Nutrition and Health Sciences; Nutrition, Exercise and Health Sciences; Dietetics; Nutrition Education; Public Health or closely related field. Master's degree must be completed by start date.
• Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e., publications, presentations, web and social media).
• Registered Dietitian (RD), Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Community Health Education Specialist.
• Minimum of 1-year experience in nutrition or health related field.
• Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
• Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
• Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs including grant writing, fund generation, contracting and/or cost recovery efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
Employment-based permanent residency sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.