Open Rank Extension Educator - Rural Prosperity Nebraska #F_230032
Open Rank Extension Educator - Rural Prosperity Nebraska
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Do you have the drive to help create 21st-century rural community prosperity? Nebraska Extension is searching for an extension educator who catalyzes opportunities, provides strong regional expertise, leads impactful learning programs, and serves as a coach for communities that are poised to thrive. Core to this role is the ability to conduct community outreach, visitation, and engagement with community leaders and residents. We invite you to learn more about this role and Extension using the following links: Our Strategic Direction | Nebraska Extension (unl.edu) and Nebraska Extension – Rural Prosperity Nebraska – YouTube. Nebraska Extension is an organization that values individuals who demonstrate excellence, adapt easily, exhibit a passion for helping others, are team players, and are excellent communicators.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Pierce, Nebraska, and serving Cedar, Cuming, Dakota, Dixon, Madison, Pierce, Stanton, Thurston, and Wayne Counties. As a member of the Nebraska Extension team, you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. We want individuals who are self-directed and thrive in an autonomous work environment. You will work with high-performing teams to create and deliver world-class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
Recognizing that diversity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and the Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of diversity. Consistent with the University's N2025 Strategic Plan, we see every person and every interaction as important to our collective well-being and our ability to deliver on our mission.
• Master's degree required; one degree in Organizational or Community Development; Economics; Leadership Studies; Community or Regional Planning; Education; Rural Sociology; Entrepreneurship; Business Administration; Landscape Architecture; Planning, with a focus on community-based, regional, urban, environmental, and/or infrastructure; or a closely related field. Master's degree must be completed by start date.
• Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e., publications, writing, presentations, web, and social media).
• Experience working with individuals, coworkers, and teams to accomplish individual and/or group goals, as evidenced by college, career, and/or community activities.
• Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
• Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
• Demonstrated ability to network with business and community leaders.
• Expertise and/or experience in placemaking or leadership work.
This position is not eligible for employment-based permanent residency sponsorship. UNL may be able to sponsor temporary work authorization (e.g., H-1B) for the successful candidate.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination