Director, Academic TechnologiesUNL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Incumbent is responsible for directing all aspects of Academic Technologies for the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, reporting areas include, but not limited to Learning Spaces, Learning Technologies, Open Educational Resources, Digital Learning Center, and faculty support. Ensuring continuous availability of services to meet university service level agreements in a 24×7 operation. Recruiting, selecting, and developing staff to deliver services. Strategically organizing financial and people resources to meet objectives.
Interacting across IT and functional areas to understand requirements and opportunities for enhancing services. Regularly leveraging communications skills in interpersonal, public speaking, email, and written correspondence. , particularly with individual and groups of faculty. Managing and developing vendor relationships, including the facilitation of formal request for proposal, quote, and inquiries. Initiate and lead projects, with or without professional project management support. Align and develop reporting managers to achieve strategic goals and operational excellence.
In collaboration and partnership with the campus CIO and UNL Academic Affairs, provide technology solutions that assist in meeting campus and University goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Public Administration, MIS, or relevant field; equivalency considered
- 5 years of experience teaching/training with or supporting common academic technology platforms; required
- Demonstrated leadership skills; required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; required
- Demonstrated proactive engagement and outreach with stakeholders; required
- Ability to engage with and manage a variety of high priority projects simultaneously; required
- Experience collaborating and coordinating working teams across organizational boundaries; required
- Experience working in higher education; required
- Demonstrated budget development experience; preferred
- Experience in support of faculty; preferred
- Higher education teaching experience; preferred
This position has a minimum annual salary of $95,000 and works in Lincoln, NE. Please complete a standard application at https://careers.nebraska.edu/postings/974 and attach a resume, cover letter and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers for three professional references. If you need assistance with your application, please call 402-472-3701.